Dota & Web Dota Community
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
December 08, 2019, 01:47:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a closed forum, please get member with at least "Wicked Sick" rank to recommend your email for registration, read here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quirkyalone (enjoys being single -but is not opposed to being in a relationship)  (Read 5364 times)
RoseDragon
Beyond Godlike

Beyond Dragonlike

View Profile WWW
on: February 23, 2008, 03:49:34 AM

An article I got from some1's blog...
------------------------------------------------------------

Quirkyalone is a person who enjoys being single (but is not opposed to being in a relationship) and generally prefers to be alone rather than date for the sake of being in a couple. With unique traits and an optimistic spirit; a sensibility that transcends relationship status. Also adj. Of, relating to, or embodying quirkyalones.

The part that makes us "uncompromising romantics" is the part about not dating for dating's sake. We're picky, and we believe that there are truly incredible relationships out there, and thus we have little patience for anything lacking that magic.

As the definition clarifies, the "alone" part of "quirkyalone" doesn't imply that one is always alone or single, but merely that they can be alone without a problem. The "quirky" part helps with this. The more interesting and varied your life is, the easier it is to keep yourself entertained.

Language has created the word loneliness to express the pain of being alone, and the word solitude to express the glory of being alone.
    -Paul Tillich

Quirkyalones do get lonely sometimes, just like everybody else. But we also have a knack for experiencing aloneness as solitude instead. If loneliness is waiting dejectedly for the phone to ring, then solitude is being absorbed in creative endeavors, or being introspective, or otherwise independently directing our own lives without the need for other people. Some people need constant interaction to feel like they're fully living, but some of us have to have enough solitude to let us regenerate on a regular basis.

This independence also makes quirkyalones good at long-distance relationships. Once the spark is lit, our well-developed sense of romance helps keep us attached, but we don't necessarily need the constant physical presence because we keep ourselves so busy. (This isn't to say we don't miss each other or want to eventually be closer together, but c'mon, a little extra anticipation and longing just intensifies things.) Even in standard-distance relationships, attached quirkyalones (or "quirkytogethers") often have non-standard living arrangements, or other customized systems for maintaining appropriate amounts of independence within a committed, loving relationship.

Hennrick
Godlike

Rampage!!!

View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:07:38 AM

WHere did you get this article..? Roll Eyes

I wish Im a quirkyalone person..XD...rather than being a person who loves dating..I cant imagine how much money I waste... Grin

RoseDragon
Beyond Godlike

Beyond Dragonlike

View Profile WWW
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 05:01:14 AM

http://blog.whistledance.net

It is a blog of google-blogger ex-crew.

I'm a quirkyalone anyway..
If you want to be one, dwell yourself in something else than love related.. like be a workaholic, studyaholic, or pour out creativities.

Hennrick
Godlike

Rampage!!!

View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 02:11:54 PM

http://blog.whistledance.net

It is a blog of google-blogger ex-crew.

I'm a quirkyalone anyway..
If you want to be one, dwell yourself in something else than love related.. like be a workaholic, studyaholic, or pour out creativities.

But life is boring without Having someone in your side...I'm a gameaholoic..XD..

kristiar

View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:37:45 PM

life is so boring
karb

View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 11:39:04 PM

juz stumbled upon this thread, very good link rosie upmost interesting but there's still minor flaws pertaining to bein quirkyalones is that no matter how impatient we are or not longing for a relationship, we sumhow ended up succumbed to our very own emotions within. that is reality and nothin comprehends this attribute (unless you are mechanical with a rusted heart-shaped thing in your body!)

BumbleStreak
Beyond Godlike

Portered.

View Profile WWW
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 12:30:54 PM

life is so boring

Maybe being a Quirkyalone life wont be so boring anymore...

U can try to date yourself..

Bhootn4th
Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 08:14:20 PM

This is my kinda topic. I am quirkyalone. And i like being one.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Play! Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS