Dota & Web Dota Community
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
June 20, 2019, 11:24:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a closed forum, please get member with at least "Wicked Sick" rank to recommend your email for registration, read here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Round 65 - Talks  (Read 13321 times)
Gh()sT
Monster Kill

born for play game :P

View Profile
Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 03:22:35 AM

#HaTe can i know are you playing this rd Huh Huh Huh

XxOuchxX
Monster Kill

Utopia!

View Profile
Reply #46 on: February 02, 2016, 03:52:51 AM

Many new heroes, items and strategies can be introduced so the game can definitely advance. The only problem is the population and it's expected since the game was offline for a long time. I think if LoD creates more heroes, items, and adds more features to the game (Maybe a "River" lane where you can get runes by chance every cycle), then the game might get more interesting and players might return. Not just that, the game might get big again with time.
Ah no, that's not the only problem. Even with improved heroes, improved strategies, improved items, the flaw still remains (i.e. the one controlling more accounts as MULTIES or as LEGIT family / friends sitting in same room will dominate). That's the formula and it cannot be fixed without "remaking" the whole game from scratch.

Well yes, or some change has to happen to the gameplay so that multiple accounts won't be beneficial or as beneficial as they are now. If you look at other webgames, having multiple accounts is too tedious and doesn't make it beneficial  Wink
Lord of Dota
Donation for Life
Administrator
Beyond Godlike

Don't get banned

View Profile WWW
Reply #47 on: February 02, 2016, 12:08:23 PM

Let's see what clan-less round is heading to. I believe it will help to balance the OP of clan advantage when the number of player is low.

Every donation of USD 1 to me will extend your life for 1 more day
HaTE
Monster Kill

[-BoRn 2B WiLd-]

View Profile
Reply #48 on: February 02, 2016, 02:15:15 PM

#HaTe can i know are you playing this rd Huh Huh Huh
Yes you can know Cheesy.

Well yes, or some change has to happen to the gameplay so that multiple accounts won't be beneficial or as beneficial as they are now. If you look at other webgames, having multiple accounts is too tedious and doesn't make it beneficial  Wink
That some change is a "BIG" change.

For example, right know this round 65 there are 70+ SC and 70+ ST accounts have been registered. So you ACTUALLY believe this many players are playing WebDota right now? This is the same case every round.

140 Players is quite a good number for any game if it's "Real Player" playing.

[-I'm here to eXpress, not to impress-]
McMasTeR
Godlike

Im[F]earless

View Profile
Reply #49 on: February 02, 2016, 11:14:40 PM

Let's see what clan-less round is heading to. I believe it will help to balance the OP of clan advantage when the number of player is low.
I see my rank 1 coming and it will be easier to identify multies, but how about creeps ?

HaTE
Monster Kill

[-BoRn 2B WiLd-]

View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 02, 2016, 11:26:00 PM

I see my rank 1 coming and it will be easier to identify multies, but how about creeps ?
How about disabled creeps? I know this will make the gold income a-lot slower. But then again, because of clan-less round, you would not be receiving Job Gold (i.e. 50xLevel gold) and gold from the Clan Army. So you are already having very very very low pace gold income.

XxOuchxX
Monster Kill

Utopia!

View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 03, 2016, 10:10:32 AM

But what's the difference between a multi and 'a friend' helping you out in the game? How do you tell the difference? That's the biggest issue Grin

"My 5 siblings play...my friends play...etc.."

It's hard to tell what's real and what isn't  Roll Eyes
cuppumeister

enjoy the game ^^

View Profile
Reply #52 on: February 03, 2016, 10:42:56 AM

Little suggestion for LOD, announce the start date,  so people know exact time to register and wait for how long.
I will play next rd for sure, whatever the format will be.  Smiley
But i prefer clan format, since i love to have clan war  Cheesy

HaTE
Monster Kill

[-BoRn 2B WiLd-]

View Profile
Reply #53 on: February 03, 2016, 02:15:20 PM

I'm curious to know if the Round is Clan-Less, how to compensate for Gold Income (which is already very slow even with a normal Round).

I would suggest increasing the Gold / Cycle increasing at every level. Currently its 70 x Level gold per cycle. Let it be 120 x Level gold per cycle to compensate for Job Gold / Gold received from Army Exploration and Gold that we receive when clan-mates kill a creep.

I have been saying this from a very long time. One of the "Boring" elements of WebDota is "Waiting for Gold". If the game is fast paced (i.e. 15 Mins per Cycle and / or more gold / turns per cycle), maybe more people will start playing and existing players will start "interacting" more.

0rgaZm
Unstoppable

..why so serious?..

View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 03, 2016, 04:43:34 PM

But what's the difference between a multi and 'a friend' helping you out in the game? How do you tell the difference? That's the biggest issue Grin

"My 5 siblings play...my friends play...etc.."

It's hard to tell what's real and what isn't  Roll Eyes

Coordinated kills and sunder, and heals without chat is something to be investigated :-)

HaTE
Monster Kill

[-BoRn 2B WiLd-]

View Profile
Reply #55 on: February 03, 2016, 06:40:11 PM

Coordinated kills and sunder, and heals without chat is something to be investigated :-)
Useless.
Do you think WebDota's chat is the only way of communication? People (friends) are coordinating attacks via Facebook Messenger / Whatsapp / Skype. Do you live in a hole?

Hennrick
Godlike

Rampage!!!

View Profile
Reply #56 on: February 04, 2016, 03:32:54 PM

If clanless round isnt polished yet. a normal will do Cheesy

we want to play with our friends for one last time LOD  Smiley

AlliGaToR

kiLLiNg aLL :D

View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 05, 2016, 03:14:23 AM

Thanks guys for this wonderful round 65 though few legitimate players played this round.

Surely, this is my last hard-working round ... Game is awesome , however fewer and fewer players have been playing ...

Kind regards,
Alligator

lordclay

View Profile
Reply #58 on: February 05, 2016, 11:55:48 AM

I'm curious to know if the Round is Clan-Less, how to compensate for Gold Income (which is already very slow even with a normal Round).

I would suggest increasing the Gold / Cycle increasing at every level. Currently its 70 x Level gold per cycle. Let it be 120 x Level gold per cycle to compensate for Job Gold / Gold received from Army Exploration and Gold that we receive when clan-mates kill a creep.

I have been saying this from a very long time. One of the "Boring" elements of WebDota is "Waiting for Gold". If the game is fast paced (i.e. 15 Mins per Cycle and / or more gold / turns per cycle), maybe more people will start playing and existing players will start "interacting" more.

Hey crazy guy... 15mins/cycle? let me sleep & have a life/job too :p... I take baths, eat, & get my sh*t together in the 29mins between each round :-o 14mins in between only works for NEETS..
I agree with the gold/cycle though.. 125...the most cheap hero training cost, though this may give agi unfair advantage by training since day 1 instead of saving for items since there will be no gold loss if they die. No items for a while though.
If not 125...maybe 140 gold +70/level increase...just a jump start for gold  Wink

HaTE
Monster Kill

[-BoRn 2B WiLd-]

View Profile
Reply #59 on: February 06, 2016, 03:17:08 AM

Hey crazy guy...
When you know it's your last round, you ought to try something "Crazy"  Grin.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Play! Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS